Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Halloween Card wtih Diamond Press

 Hi friends!

Today I am showing you how I made this Halloween card. I love Halloween and am so excited to make my first card of the season. I'm using a set by Diamond Press that came out last year. It is still available, link below!


I love traditional Halloween colors so I went with orange, purple, and black. I originally wanted the background to be black instead of orange but decided it was too much black. The main idea was to have the pictures in the frames to be black on black.

I cut the black background piece 1/2 inch smaller than the white card base (which is 4.25x5.5 inches) and then the orange by another 1.2 inch. I did this by using dies with a stitched border but these can easily just be cut with a paper trimmer.

I used shimmer paint and a fan brush to spatter paint for the the background. 

I positioned 3 frames and a small sentiment on the card. Once I liked the arrangement I stamped the sentiment directly on to the card panel. I glued the frames to the panel. I stamped the images for the frames with clear embossing ink on to black paper cut from the same frame dies. I applied clear embossing powder and heated them. I hope you like the slight creepy look it has!



~Paula

If you like, please follow my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/paulasstudiomi

Please Note: This post contains product links so you can easily find any supplies and/or tools you may be interested in. As an Amazon Associate, I may be compensated for a purchase made using my link. However, no additional cost is extended to you. The other links are just to help guide you in the right direction. I am not affiliated with those companies but I encourage you to shop small businesses as much as possible.

Papers are just from my collection. I always grab from my scraps first and I don’t keep track of where they came from.


No comments:

Post a Comment