Thursday, August 6, 2026

CRAFT Challenge Blog #786 with Summer theme

 Hi there friends!

Today I am sharing my design team project for CRAFT Challenge Blog #786. The theme is summer holiday/vacation. The sponsor for this challenge is All Dressed Up and the design I am working with is: Sandy Beach Camper. 


 Basic Supplies (specifics are listed below)

  • printer
  • alcohol markers
  • scissors
  • paper trimer
  • brown ink
  • beachy embossing folder (Mine is by Diamond Press and is discontinued)
  • Die cut/embossing machine (I use a Sizzix Big Shot) 
  • summer sentiment
  • adhesive foam
  • corner punch 
  • circle die (or can be cut with an electronic cutter such as a Silhouette Cameo or Cricut)
  • A2 card base
  • white cardstock for printing
  • light brown cardstock for embossing
  • sequins or gems, optional

Instruction

  1. Download the design and bring into your cutter's software.
  2. Size it to fit on an A2 card base.
  3. Either print the design on cardstock and trim with a paper trimmer or use the Print and Cut feature with the software to do that on cardstock. 
  4. Color with alcohol markers.
  5. Round corners with corner punch or scissors. 
  6. Use a circle die to cut out part of the design. Mine is intentional off-center to put the camper in the center.
  7. Add adhesive foam to the circle and set that and the remaining piece aside.
  8. Using a tan piece of cardstock, add brown ink to one side of the beachy embossing folder and send through your die cut machine. 
  9. Trim embossing paper to fit on your A2 card. I trim to 4 x 5.25 inches. Adhere in place
  10. Adhere the square piece to the embossed piece.
  11. Adhere the circle piece in its place in the square piece.
  12. Stamp or die cut a summer sentiment and adhere to the card in your chosen location. 
  13. Add an inside sentiment or message. 

~Paula

If you’d like, please follow me:

Please follow this blog, you can find the Follow button in the right column ===> 

Facebook: Paula's Studio

Instagram: PaulasStudioMI

 

Please Note: I am a big advocate of using supplies you already own but I understand that readers might be interested in specific products that they might not already own. This post contains product links so you can easily find any supplies and/or tools you may be interested in. As an affiliate, I may be compensated for a purchase made using my links. However, no additional cost is extended to you. The other links are just to help guide you in the right direction. I am not affiliated with all companies but I encourage you to shop small businesses as much as possible. I may even include eBay listings for products that are available there at the time this is posted. I only share product information of products I am familiar with and use in my own studio. Papers are just from my collection. I always grab from my scraps first and I don’t keep track of where they came from. Use what you have!

 

1 comment:

  1. I do love a caravan image, brings back so many happy memories of holidays as a young child. Beautifully coloured.
    Happy creative August Tracey.

    ReplyDelete