Thursday, November 20, 2025

Holiday Card with White Spruce Studio

 Hi there friends!

This week I am working hard on catching up on some things but also preparing for the holidays in my studio. It's so busy and I have admit that I really love this time of year. Harvest preservation is almost complete and holiday events for me start this weekend. My broken foot has some crabby days but mostly it's fine now. So thankful for that. Today I am sharing this sparkly card I made using a design by White Spruce Studio. You can get the design here ===> Christmas Candle with Holly & Bow


 Supplies used (specifics with links below): 

  • gold or yellow glitter paste
  • mixed media knife
  • digital design list above
  • electronic cutter such as a Cricut or Silhouette Cameo with mat, blade, etc. (alternate method is using scissors)
  • alcohol markers or your choice of medium
  • sentiment die
  • adhesive
  • card base
  • card panel in black or dark blue 4 x 5.25" 
  1. On our dark colored card panel, smear the glitter paste in the upper part of panel as shown. 
    Thin out the paste as you get to the outer edges of the panel. Set aside to let dry. 
     
  2. In the software for your cutting machine, bring in the digital design. Size it to fit the 4 x 5.25" card panel. Set the software to only cut the outer edge of the design. (The alternative option here is to cut on cardstock and cut with scissors.)

  3. Using the Print & Cut feature print the design out and have your machine cut it. 

  4. Color the design using alcohol markers or other coloring medium. 

  5. Adhere to card panel, lining up the candle flame with the glitter. Use a sentiment die to add a holiday word.

  6. Adhere finished panel to a card base and add a sentiment or message on the inside.

    ~Paula

    If you’d like, please follow me:

    Please follow this blog, you can find the Follow button in the right column ===> 

    Facebook: Paula's Studio

    Instagram: PaulasStudioMI

     

    Please Note: This post contains product links so you can easily find any supplies and/or tools you may be interested in. As an affiliate, I may be compensated for a purchase made using my links. However, no additional cost is extended to you. The other links are just to help guide you in the right direction. I am not affiliated with all companies but I encourage you to shop small businesses as much as possible. I only share product information of products I am familiar with and use in my own studio.

    Papers are just from my collection. I always grab from my scraps first and I don’t keep track of where they came from. Use what you have!


     

No comments:

Post a Comment