Sunday, October 5, 2025

Day 5: 31 Days of Halloween Cards with a mixed media fun fold card

 Hi friends!

Today I am showing a Halloween card I made for a dancer in my witch group. I am part of a dance group for Halloween where we dress as witches and perform a dance at Halloween events around our community. We do not practice witchcraft. It is all in good Halloween fun that brings joy to people of all ages. One of our witches needed some love and support and I made this fun fold card that all could sign.


 Once opened there are two additional flaps that open. 

These flaps not only add interest but they allows more space for people to leave a message. 

I won't go into complete detail as how I painted the cover. When I make a custom card for particular person or event, my mind acts different and it becomes more about the recipient than anything else.

I did start with a white piece of cardstock for the front panel. The background is painted with a shimmery mica paint.

The witch on the left is cut with a die into non-adhesive foam. The witch on the right is stenciled with a glitter glaze. The cauldron is a die and is colored with ink. Stencils are used for background elements. A stamp and embossing powder are used for the sentiment. 

The inner flaps have stamped images, colored with acrylic markers and sentiments stamped and embossed with glitter embossing powder. Black splatter paint and holographic stars are embellishments. 

You can find all products used below. 

 

~Paula

If you’d like, please follow me:

Please follow this blog, you can find the Follow button in the right column ===> 

Facebook: Paula's Studio

Instagram: PaulasStudioMI

 

Please Note: This post contains product links so you can easily find any supplies and/or tools you may be interested in. As an affiliate, I may be compensated for a purchase made using my links. However, no additional cost is extended to you. The other links are just to help guide you in the right direction. I am not affiliated with all companies but I encourage you to shop small businesses as much as possible. I only share product information of products I am familiar with and use in my own studio.

Papers are just from my collection. I always grab from my scraps first and I don’t keep track of where they came from. Use what you have!

Products used that are not listed below:

Fiskars Clear Stamps Halloween 
Stamps By Me "Hocus Pocus" Stamps
Stamps By Me "Spell On You" Stamps 
Diamond Press "Witches Paper Dolls" Stamp & Die Kit
Brutus Monroe Glitter Glaze: Gunmetal
Brutus Monroe Halloween Night embossing powder 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment