Wednesday, October 15, 2025

Day 15: 31 Days of Halloween Cards with dry embossing

 Hi there friends!

Today's Halloween card is made by using an embossing folder by Crafter's Companion. I used the original Crafter Companion's Gemini machine to run the 3D embossing folder. I don't link up that in my supplies because there is a new model available that I don't own. I also own a Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway. This one still works great and I see no need to replace it -- use what you have!


 If you run the embossing folder through the die cut machine it comes out like this:


 I think this is a beautiful design just as it is but i was in the mood for some color. To color the flat background, swipe an ink pad along the folder on the inside side that the features are indented. 

I do and run through the machine and repeat for more coverage. You likely won't get a perfectly crisp result and that's okay, I don't always want that. 


 

Now color can be added to the parts that didn't get inked. I used alcohol markers. I almost colored the "Trick or Treat" gray or black but then I chose to leave it white because it is the rarest color (if you consider white a color) used. I really love how it turned out. I added some holographic stars for sparkle and matted on a orange glitter paper. 

You can view my card at Scrapbook.com 

 

~Paula

If you’d like, please follow me:

Please follow this blog, you can find the Follow button in the right column ===> 

Facebook: Paula's Studio

Instagram: PaulasStudioMI

 

Please Note: This post contains product links so you can easily find any supplies and/or tools you may be interested in. As an affiliate, I may be compensated for a purchase made using my links. However, no additional cost is extended to you. The other links are just to help guide you in the right direction. I am not affiliated with all companies but I encourage you to shop small businesses as much as possible. I only share product information of products I am familiar with and use in my own studio.

Papers are just from my collection. I always grab from my scraps first and I don’t keep track of where they came from. Use what you have!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment