Hi Friends!
Today I am making a birthday card with Diamond Press's new set called Lucky Celebrations. A big trend in card making is postage collage cards. This is a take on that but leans more towards a collage than a postage stamp. Doesn't matter, I love the trend and I love this version. I will get add on sets to go with this in the future as it was an Auto Ship deal on HSN. This set is still available at this time.
Each pack of the auto has a background die in each A2 and slimline size with different borders. For this card I chose slimline. Each pack also has a theme or two this one is birthday and also St. Patrick's Day. Today I chose birthday.
I love blending rainbows using these 3 colors of distress oxide. It is so satisfying blending the colors. I started the background with a full rainbow.
There are 3 stencils for each of the the 2 background dies that block each part of the collage. I decided to use one of the rainbow colors for each stencil to intensity colors. First is pink.
Second is yellow.
Third is blue.
Then I total forgot to photo the reveal to this point!!! oops!!
I proceeded to stamp and heat emboss sprinkles, a sentiment and added candles and banners that are also included in the set. Finally, added sequins and splatter in white. I did a lot of inking but kept the rest pretty simple.
~Paula
If you’d like, please follow my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/paulasstudiomi
Please Note: This post contains product links so you can easily find any supplies and/or tools you may be interested in. As an Amazon Associate, I may be compensated for a purchase made using my link. However, no additional cost is extended to you. The other links are just to help guide you in the right direction. I am not affiliated with those companies but I encourage you to shop small businesses as much as possible.
Papers are just from my collection. I always grab from my scraps first and I don’t keep track of where they came from. Use what you have!






No comments:
Post a Comment