Hi friends!
This week's theme for the CRAFT Challenge Blog is "Thank you" and the sponsor is: The Cutting Cafe. I chose to use their cutting file Thanks Shaped Card.
Now if you feel that my card is hard to see the "thanks" you are correct. It's actually intentional with the technique. I used the eclipse technique here. This is when you use the same paper to cut the foreground and background at the same time. Keep reading to learn more...
I started off my loading the SVG file into Silhouette Studio.
I lined the word up with it's shadow piece. The red rectangle is 5.5x4.25" and is there for me to resize all the pieces properly to fit inside an A2 sized envelope. I remove the rectangle before I send the design to be cut.
I cut out the card base in 100 lb white cardstock and I cut the work and its shadow out of the same piece of patterned paper.
Normally for the eclipse method you do not alter either piece. I chose to with this one because the pattern is a busy foil design which makes it extra hard to see and also to photograph.
I colored only the background piece with a green Distress Oxide.
I glued it onto the card base.
I used 2mm foam adhesive to pop up the word piece and carefully attached in to the card base so that it lines up perfectly with the background.
You can see I have some white areas.
These are the missing pieces. They get colored too and glued in.
As you can see, all the foiled gold lines up perfectly because it came from the same piece of paper. That is the main feature of the eclipse technique.
~Paula
If you like, please follow my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/paulasstudiomi
Please Note: This post contains product links so you can easily find any supplies and/or tools you may be interested in. As an Amazon Associate, I may be compensated for a purchase made using my link. However, no additional cost is extended to you. The other links are just to help guide you in the right direction. I am not affiliated with those companies but I encourage you to shop small businesses as much as possible.
Papers are just from my collection. I always grab from my scraps first and I don’t keep track of where they came from.










No comments:
Post a Comment