Friday, May 3, 2024

Boho Happy Birthday

 Hi friends!

This week's card using Sparkleberry Ink's is ready! The pattern I chose is Bright Boho - Hoop


I cut the patterned paper out with a scalloped die by Diamond Press. 

I chose the sentiment from the Silhouette Design Store. It is Design #447915. I brought it into Silhouette Studio. Before I cut it out, I want to create a shadow piece to go behind the sentiment. I plan to cut this out of vellum so that it create a barrier between the busy background and the sentiment but it won't steal the show.


First, I select all the letters, right click and choose "group" so the letter stay put. Then I choose the offset tool and choose a distance that I think looks just how I want it to be. Click Apply. I move the text out of the way and I am left with some inner bits.

Choose "Release Compound Path" and those can now be deleted. 

Position them together just to make sure you like it. 

I cut out the words twice. Once in a sheet of marbled paper that I made and the other time in just white. I wanted to glue them together because the marbled paper isn't perfectly flat because marbling in a wet process and the paper can be wavy. I do like the extra thickness it provides.


Time to glue them on the vellum! It is best to lay them out the way they should go then start applying the glue.

I like the negative space in the marble paper so I cut that out and glued onto a white background to use on a future card. 


I added 3mm thick foam adhesive to the back of the vellum. I did it in a manner as to hide it as much as possible behind the letters so that the patterned paper can still be seen through the vellum. 



Apply to the center, add a few gems and it's all done!

Let me know in the comments if you like it!

~Paula

Please Note: This post contains product links so you can easily find any supplies and/or tools you may be interested in. As an Amazon Associate, I may be compensated for a purchase made using my link. However, no additional cost is extended to you. The other links are just to help guide you in the right direction. I am not affiliated with those companies but I encourage you to shop small businesses as much as possible. 





No comments:

Post a Comment