Thursday, April 25, 2024

CRAFT Challenge #717

 Hi friends,

This week on the CRAFT Challenge Blog the theme is: Anything Goes or Recycle.

The sponsor is SheepSki Designs <=== please check them out

I chose to use My Pad  <=== you can purchase it here


I printed out the design and used Silhouette Studio's Print & Cut feature to cut it out on my Cameo.

I had the idea to emboss the background paper with a wavy design but when I did I felt it was kind of boring so I came up with this layered design just to add some interest. The embossing folder is by Darice.




 


I decided to use watercolors for the frog and lily pad. I'm pretty excited with all the shading. I added some details with pens. 



 

 

The sentiment is embossed with a glitter embossing powder but I totally forgot to use anti-static powder and the glitter went a little haywire. I always have the stuff right by me when I am embossing and I forget to use it most of the time and usually regret it. I decided to be okay with it here as it adds some pizzazz to the sentiment banner. 

I think it turned out to me a super cute summer birthday card. What do you think?

~Paula


Please Note: This post contains product links so you can easily find any supplies and/or tools you may be interested in. As an Amazon Associate, I may be compensated for a purchase made using my link. However, no additional cost is extended to you. The other links are just to help guide you in the right direction. I am not affiliated with those companies but I encourage you to shop small businesses as much as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment