I've been carrying around this ugly, atrocious coupon box for a very long time. So long that I won't even tell you how many years but if you know me, you might be able to figure that out by looking at the stickers. (Hint: there was only a brief time of my life that I was a huge Mickey/Disney fan.)
In recent times, I just don't bother taking it the store with me. I don't want to carry it. I don't even want to see it. Although many coupons are digital now, paper coupons still hold value. I take the ones that match the items on my list. That is, if I remember. When I get home I realize that I had a coupon or two that I could have used.
Last week, I lost $7.00 for that reason and that was the end of my relationship with the coupon box. I set out to purchase a new coupon carrier. Nothing really fit my needs and desires. I carry a tiny purse, if I carry one at all, so most pre-made coupon caddies just don't appeal to me. I then sought out to find a sewing pattern for one and still was coming up empty-handed. Then I found a pattern online that fit better than anything I found so far. I purchased it and tweaked the features I didn't care for or wanted my way.
![]() |
| Old on left, new on right |
It's so cute! I can wear it cross-body or when I have a shopping card the flap flips open and attaches to the cart. There is a pocket on the front and on the back with a pen holder on the right side and a key fob on the left side to hold key cards or hand sanitizer, or whatever I want! When I'm not the store it can sit on my desk ready to receive new coupons. I made the dividers myself in all sorts of colors. I think I am finally happy with it.
~Paula




No comments:
Post a Comment