February 26, 2018
There are a few crafty designers that I admire. One of them is Jane Davenport from Australia. She has journals and journals filled with artwork of women and mermaids and she makes it look oh so easy to do. She recently got a contract with Michaels stores to carry her line of mixed media tools and supplies and boy was I excited about that!
I've had my eye on this pencil cup for awhile and I finally picked it up last week.

It is meant to be decorated on the outside and the inside is already glazed.
I propped her up on the cradle and got to work. I didn't have much of a plan other than I wanted her colors to be warm with some glam mixed in there so she would fit in with my Paris-themed studio.

I just used acrylic paints that mixed for the skin and hair colors:
|
![]() |
| Resting her head peacefully, while I did her hair. |
![]() |
| Her hair is styled in a bun in the back. |
I used Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint Sparks in "Unicorn Hair" for her eye shadow. Her lips are 2 shades of pink acrylic. I used a faint pink crayon for her blush, you can't really tell in the photos. I didn't want her to look like a clown.
I did her necklace with a gold metallic acrylic and Art Alchemy Metallique in "Mermaid Teal."
I am really pleased with how she turned out and is a perfect addition to the Paris room.








No comments:
Post a Comment