Thursday, May 23, 2024

CRAFT Challenge Blog #721: Christmas

 Hi friends!

This week the theme for the CRAFT Challenge Blog is Christmas. 


The sponsor for the design I used is All Dressed Up and the design is: Christmas Snuggle.

I started off using the Print & Cut feature in Silhouette Studio to trace the image then I printed it and had my Cameo cut it out for me.

I colored her with colored pencils. 


I decided to make a mini slimline card which is traditionally 3.5"x6" but I have so many 6x6 paper pads that I decided to start using the pages to make this size card by just folding it one in half. 


I cut a scalloped oval piece to add to the background.


I then raided my Christmas ephemera box for the other pieces. I have a Christmas box and a non-Christmas box. These are pieces and sentiments left over from projects or some recycled pieces or just pieces I didn't have the heart to throw away. The ones I chose, I believe, came from Tim Holtz dies that were left over from a past project.


 I know I have to work on getting these used before next holiday season really starts to kick in which happens late summer, early fall for makers.

All assembled!

This week's challenge will last for two weeks. No new one for next week.

~Paula

Supplies:

The stitched scallop oval dies are DMCD3718 by Dress My Craft. Their website is currently offline and I couldn't find a store with it in stock. 

I used papers from my collection. I normally don't keep track of where they came from. 

Please Note: This post contains product links so you can easily find any supplies and/or tools you may be interested in. As an Amazon Associate, I may be compensated for a purchase made using my link. However, no additional cost is extended to you. The other links are just to help guide you in the right direction. I am not affiliated with those companies but I encourage you to shop small businesses as much as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment